HMRC Contact Number
Want to know the answer of above question? If the answer is yes, then you have reached the perfect site. This site will guide you with all your queries related to HMRC contact number. And after going through the information on this page, you won’t have to search for any other contact details of HMRC. Coming to the phone number, the HMRC contact number is 0300 200 3600. This will straight away take you to the support department where all your queries will be handled. Ask all your queries related to your tax credits, income tax at their opening times which is from 8 am to 8 pm (Monday to Friday) and from 8 am to 4 pm on (Saturdays). Expect the HMRC contact number lines to be closed on Sundays, Christmas day, New year’s day, boxing day and on the bank holidays.
Call on the above mentioned HMRC contact number for support related to your income tax or if you want to update your personal details with HMRC. Although the lines on HMRC contact number are open from 8 am to 8 pm on weekdays, but the best time to ring on HMRC contact number is before 10 am when the customer service team on HMRC contact number is less busy. People who are outside UK, can also access support from HMRC customer services department. For that they need to use the international HMRC contact number which is +44 161 930 8445. People who are having hearing problems can use the textphone services, for that you have to use the HMRC contact number: 0300 200 3603. Timings to contact these numbers are same as mentioned above.
HMRC known as Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs is a revenue department that was formed in the year 2005. This department is responsible for the collection of taxes. The amount collected from these taxes goes to state support and to the families and individuals that need financial support. The department is headquartered in London, UK and has an annual budget around four billion pounds.
Responsibilities of HMRC:
- Responsible for the administration and collection of direct taxes that mostly includes income and corporation taxes.
- The department is responsible for National Insurance contributions.
- Distributing child benefits.
- Provide state support such as Child Trust Fund and enforcement of national minimum wage.
If you want to know more about HMRC services and other related questions, then use the official HMRC contact number which is 0300 200 3600
Reasons To Call On HMRC Contact Number
Checkout the reasons that why you should call on HMRC contact number.
People who have arrived recently shifted to UK from another country, can apply for National Insurance number by calling to HMRC. The HMRC contact number can also be called upon to enquire about the Direct Payment Scheme.
Consult the HMRC advisor by calling him/her on the official HMRC contact number to know about the amount of your inheritance tax.
Low in funds or income? Contact HMRC tax credit advisor for tax credits benefits.
If you spend some money in charity and want to know about the tax relief schemes. Then it is advisable to use the official HMRC contact number to consult the advisor.
People who have opened a new business or running a company, can contact HMRC to know about the income tax payment procedure. They can use the HMRC contact number to get in touch with an advisor.
Besides the above cases, if you want to get in touch with HMRC, then simply drop a call on the official HMRC contact number: 0300 200 3600
Sign Up For HMRC Online Services
Register on HMRC, if:
- You are self employed.
- You have set up a private limited company or any organisation that needs to pay the corporation tax.
- You are an individual who needs to report rental or investment income.
- Your business turnover is more than £82,000 and it needs to be charge VAT.
HMRC Self Assessment
It is a system that HMRC uses to gather taxes from people or the companies that need to report their income. Normally, the taxes are deducted from the people income and wages, so they do not have to worry about HMRC self assessment.
People are who are unsure whether they need to file the self assessment or not, can ring on the official HMRC contact number which is 0300 200 3600. The self assessment is very important to be submitted on time as the late penalty fee will be charged from you.
HMRC Useful Links
Get your problems solved on HMRC social media accounts. Check out the HMRC useful links shared below:
- For Facebook – Use the link: https://www.facebook.com/HMRC
- For Twitter – Follow the link: https://twitter.com/hmrccustomers?lang=en
- Sign In Link – Click on the link: https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/account/sign-in?continue=/account
- For Linkedin – Click on the link: https://www.linkedin.com/company/hm-revenue-&-customs
- Official Website – Use the link: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs
HMRC Contact Number For VAT Services:
Queries related to VAT can be solved on HMRC contact number for VAT services which is 0300 200 3700. People with hearing disorders can use the textphone service. For that they need to use this HMRC contact number: 0300 200 3719. People outside UK can access to the international HMRC contact number that is +44 2920 501 261. The charges applied by calling on 030 numbers will be up to 12p/minute from landlines and up to 45 p from mobile phones. Timings to call this number are mentioned below:
Monday to Friday: 8 am to 6 pm.
HMRC Customer Service Number
HMRC Postal Address
Write to HMRC advisor for all your income tax related queries. While writing the letter you do not have to use your street name, city name and PO box. Post your query at the following address:
Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment,
HM Revenue and Customs,
Quickest Way To Get Help From HMRC
Looking for the quickest way to get in touch with the HMRC department? Then the best option is using phone services. Yes, the HMRC executive can be contacted easily over the phone services. Since the phone services is available all across UK and can also be contacted from any part of the world. To get in touch with HMRC advisor, use the official HMRC contact number: 0300 200 3600. People outside UK can also use the international HMRC contact number which is +44 161 930 8445. One can call the HMRC contact number during weekdays and Saturdays. The timings on weekdays are from 8 am to 8 pm and on Saturdays it is from 8 am to 4 pm.
Functional HMRC Contact Numbers And Their Opening Hours:
- HMRC Tax Credit Enquiries: If you want to renew your tax credits or having issues related to tax credit, then you can use the HMRC contact number: 0345 300 3900. People with hearing disabilities can use the textphone HMRC contact number which is 0345 300 3909. People outside UK can use the international HMRC contact number for tax credit which is +44 2890 538 192. Timings to contact this number are from 8 am to 8 pm (Monday to Friday) and from 8 am to 4 pm (Saturday).
- HMRC Self Assessment Enquiries: Contact HMRC for self assessment advice. For that, you need to call on HMRC contact number: 0300 200 3310. Outside UK customers can ring on the international HMRC contact number: +44 161 9319070. Textphone services are also available for people who have difficulties in hearing. They can access to HMRC contact number: 0300 200 3319. Timings to call these numbers are same as mentioned above.
- Child Benefits Enquiries: Contact HMRC to know about the eligibility criteria, to claim or to stop Child Benefit services. To contact HMRC, use the HMRC contact number for Child Benefits enquiries which is 0300 200 3100. People living outside UK can use the international HMRC contact number for Child Benefits and that is +44 161 210 3086. Although the timings to contact the above numbers are from 8 am to 8 pm (monday to Friday) and from 8 am to 4 pm (Saturday). But the best time to call this number are from 8 am to 11 pm from Wednesday to Friday.
- National Insurance Enquiries: Call HMRC if you want to know about the class of your National Insurance or if you want to know about the National Insurance rates. Then use the HMRC contact number for National Insurance: 0300 200 3500. People living abroad can ring the official international HMRC contact number for National Insurance which is + 44 191 203 7010. Timings will be same as mentioned above.
- Construction Industry Scheme Enquiries: If you have a question or a query regarding Construction Industry scheme, then simply give a call on HMRC contact number for Construction Industry Scheme: 0300 200 3210 and the international HMRC contact number for Construction Industry Scheme is +44 161 930 8706. The lines are open from 8 am to 8 pm (Monday to Friday) and from 8 am to 4 pm on Saturdays.
- Employers Enquiries: Contact HMRC to get advice for employers. Queries related to stakeholder pensions, PAYE, all can be solved by using the HMRC contact number for Employers 0300 200 3200. People with hearing difficulties can access the textphone service, for that they have to use the HMRC contact number for Employers which is 0300 200 3212.
If you are still having trouble, you can check out the FAQ sections on our page. This section will help you to give more clarity about HMRC and also provides answers to the most asked question. If you still want to talk to someone, then dial the official HMRC contact number: 0300 200 3600.
What services can I use with HMRC online account?
Use the following services with HMRC online account:
- To do charities online.
- To pay Corporation tax.
- For Self Assessment.
- For Stamp taxes.
- For Alcohol and Tobacco warehousing.
- For Employment Intermediaries.
To know more about the services that you can use with the HMRC account, get in touch with HMRC advisor. For that you need to call on HMRC contact number: 0300 200 3600.
What to do if I am unable to login to my HMRC online account?
Unable to access your HMRC online account? Don’t worry, simply follow the steps below to get access to your account.
- If you have forgotten your HMRC online account username, then you can request a new user ID .
- If you are unable to remember or forgotten your account password, then click on the link: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/user/credentials/password
- In case when you have forgotten both your username ID and the password, then request new ones . It will take around ten days to be delivered to you via post.
TIP: If you have entered the wrong username ID or the password for three times, then you will be locked out from your HMRC account for two hours.
What to do if my HMRC activation code is lost?
If your HMRC account activation code is lost within twenty eight days of enrolling, then you need to sign in to the Government Gateway with your login ID and the password. On that page, request for a new code by clicking the “activate” link under “action” option. If the code has been expired, then login to your HMRC online services with your account ID and the password and get enrolled for the services again.
Call the HMRC contact number: 0300 200 3600 if you find that your HMC activation code is lost and want to get instant support.