DVLA Contact Number
Get in touch with user friendly and well trained of DVLA customer service team by calling on the number mentioned above. DVLA contact number will directly contact you to their customer service department team who will help you with all your queries. The lines on this helpline are open from 8 am to 7 pm (Monday to Friday) and from 8 am to 2 pm (Saturday to Sunday). To know more about DVLA services for your vehicle taxation, registration, SORN, driving licence, then it is best to consult with the company advisor by calling on DVLA customer service phone number: 448721640060. All you have to do is just give a call on this phone number and all your problems will be taken care of by highly professional and technically sound DVLA customer service team. Calls to this number will be charged as 5p/minute plus your phone provider’s access charge.
Looking for DVLA contact number? Want to register your vehicle? Want to apply for driving licence? Having questions related to your Driving Licence? Issues with your Blue Badge? To answer all these questions we are sharing the DVLA contact number with you. Simply give a call on DVLA official contact number: 448721640060 and the customer service representative of the company will help you with your problems. You can also use the postal method to contact DVLA customer service team. Post your query at the following address:
Vehicle Customer Services,
SA99 1AR .
DVLA Swansea Contact Number
Introduction To DVLA
DVLA, also known as Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency that provides driving licences to the people of UK. The organization is located in Swansea region of Wales in UK. In Northern Ireland the company is known as Driving and Vehicle agency. Both these organizations are operational under their parent agency known as Department for Transport.
The key person of DVLA is its chief executive officer Oliver Morley. The main role of DVLA is maintaining the database of vehicle drivers in Great Britain and also maintain the databases of vehicles for entire UK. Services provided by DVLA are as follows:
- To sell personalized registration number plate in UK.
- Issue driving licences to the motor drivers.
- Collects Vehicle excise duty taxes.
In Great Britain DVLA has around forty offices where drivers can come to apply for their driving licences and their personalised registration vehicle number plates. If you want to apply for your new provisional driving licence or to register your new vehicle in the company’s database, then simply dial the official DVLA contact number: 448721640060.
Call DVLA Customer Service Team In Following Scenarios
Ring the DVLA customer service contact number: 448721640060 in following scenarios:
- To declare a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) of your vehicle.
- In order to renew your driving licence.
- To retake your driving test.
- To update details on your vehicle driving licence.
- To order a new “V5C” registration certificate.
- To transfer your car registration number.
- If you are having queries regarding Blue badge.
- To learn how to drive your vehicle.
- If your driving licence has been lost or damaged.
- To get discounts on your car tax.
- If you are buying a new car and want to know about the MOT status of that car.
- To apply for driving test.
- To apply for a new driving licence.
- Plus many more.
We have mostly covered all the scenarios above. However if you have any other query in your mind call the DVLA customer service phone number as soon as possible.
DVLA Contact Phone Number
Contact Numbers To Get In Touch With DVLA Customer Services Team
We have shared some important contact numbers below to contact DVLA customer services team as per your issue:
- To apply for driving licence: In order to apply for a new driving licence, you have to call on DVLA contact number: 0300 790 6801. The customer representative of DVLA will guide you with the instructions to apply for a new driving licence. Timings to contact this number are from 8 am to 7 pm (Monday to Friday) and from 8 am to 2 pm on Saturdays. If you are living in Northern Ireland, then use the DVA (Driver and Vehicle Agency) contact number: 0300 200 7861 / 028 9067 5914 to apply for driving licence.
- For vehicle registration enquiries: Use the DVLA contact number: 0300 790 6802 for all your registration enquiries. Timings to call this number are from 8 am to 7 pm on Weekdays and from 8 am to 2 pm on Saturdays. Calling on this number from UK landline phones will charges upto 12p/ minute and if calling from mobile phones, you will be charged from 3p/45p per minute depending upon your service provider.
- For vehicle tax enquiries: in order to tax your vehicle or availa vehicle tax discounts, then you have to call on DVLA customer service contact number: 0300 790 6802. You will be connected to the customer service representative of DVLA who will help you with taxation of your vehicle.
- For medical enquiries: If you are having any medical issues while driving, then you can consult it with the DVLA customer service representative over the phone. Simply ring on DVLA contact number: 0300 790 6806 to discuss your medical issues. You can also write to DVLA at the following address:
Drivers’ Medical Enquiries,
- Driver Check Service: If you are an employer or car hire company, then you can check information of someone else’s driving licence. However permission from the driver is necessary before checking his/her licence information. To use this service, dial DVLA customer service phone number: 09061 393 837.
DVLA Customer Service Contact Number for UK
Contact DVLA Customer Services Via Post
Now you can write to DVLA customer service team and get your problems solved via post. Use the following address to write to DVLA customer service department.
Vehicle Customer Services,
SA99 1AR .
However if you are unable to get your reply back within few days, then the best option to do is call the DVLA customer service team on their phone number: 448721640060.
Unable to renew your vehicle licence? Lost “V5C” registration certificate? Want to get in touch with DVLA customer service for tax disc, vehicle registration, driving licence enquiries? We have shared the DVLA contact phone number below. Once your query is resolved, kindly rate the DVLA swansea number below.
How to contact DVLA customer support team?
You can contact DVLA customer support team if you need assistance for the following services:
For Driving Licences:
Dvla customer service phone number: 0300 790 6801
+44 (0)1792 786 369 (Calling from abroad)
For your “V5C” vehicle registration certificate:
Dvla customer enquiries number: 0300 790 6802
Timings: Weekdays- 8 am to 7 pm.
Saturday- 8am to 2pm
For making a SORN:
Dvla contact telephone number: 0300 790 6802
How to apply for a “V5C” vehicle registration certificate?
You can either apply by phone or post the form “V62” to DVLA. You will get a replacement if your original “V5C” certificate has been lost or stolen.
Apply by phone:
You have to contact DVLA customer services number at the following number mentioned below:
Contact number for Dvla: 0300 790 6802
Timings: Weekdays- 8 am to 7 pm.
Saturday- 8 am to 2 pm.
It may take up to 5 days to get a replacement certificate if you apply by phone.
Apply by post:
You have to complete a “V62” form and send it by post with a fee of £25. To complete the form, click on the link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-a-vehicle-registration-certificate. You also have an option to pay the fee by cheque.
There will be no fee if you haven’t received the V5C registration certificate for your new vehicle but you still have your green V5C/2 section. You’ll have to send this in with the completed V62 form at the following address:
It may take upto 6 weeks to get a replacement certificate if you apply by post.
What to do if I want to take “registration number off” my vehicle?
You can apply to take the “registration number off’ your vehicle to transfer it to another vehicle. To transfer it to another vehicle, click on the link another vehicle. The registration number will be retained in the name of the “registered keeper”. You will be charged £80 for applying.
This service is available Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm.
For further queries, feel free to get in touch with DVLA customer representative by calling on Dvla tax disc contact number
What to do if I want to put a “registration number” on a vehicle?
You can apply for this service if your vehicle is:
- Taxed or SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) for the last 5 years.
- Available for inspection.
- Registered with DVLA
Before you apply, you will need a certificate number from either:
- the online service to take a registration number off a vehicle
- a V750 certificate of entitlement or V778 retention document
You will also need the reference number written on your latest “V5C” registration certificate and a credit or debit card to pay any outstanding renewal fees.
If your vehicle already has a personalised registration number, you will have to take it off before using this service or you could lose the rights to use it.
If you are unable to put a “registration number” on your vehicle, call Dvla swansea contact number to get in touch with the expert.
What information do I have to provide while informing DVLA if I have sold or bought a vehicle?
You can inform DVLA about your vehicle if you have sold or bought a vehicle with the following information:
- You have to provide the 11 digit “reference number” written on your latest V5C registration certificate.
- You have to also provide the permission of the “buyer” or the “seller” if you are acting on their behalf.
For further assistance, you can contact DVLA customer support team.
How to apply for renewing my driving licence?
You will receive the renewal application documents 90 days before the expiry date of the licence from DVLA. For more queries regarding renewing your licence, click on the link reapply for your licence.
If you are facing issues while renewing your driving licence, call DVLA UK contact number to get help from the expert.
How to inform DVLA if I want to change the name and address on my Direct Debit?
If you want to change the name and address on your Direct debit, you can inform DVLA in the following ways:
You can inform DVLA on phone if:
- You have moved to new address.
- Your name and address details are not correct.
- You are married or divorced and want to update your details.
You can call on DVLA UK contact number: 0300 790 6802
Timings: Weekdays- 8 am to 7 pm.
Saturday- 8 am to 2 pm.
You can write to DVLA if you have changed your name by deed poll.
You can send your Direct DEbit details the following address:
DVLA phone number
What are the different types of DVLA forms?
The different types of DVLA application forms are mentioned below:
- D1 Pack: For a driving licence of car or motorbike.
- D1W Pack: It is the Welsh version of D1 form.
- D2/D4 Pack: For a driving licence of lorry or bus. You can download the D4 form by clicking on the link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/d4-medical-examiner-report-for-a-lorry-or-bus-driving-licence
- DL1: If you want to apply for a driving licence for all vehicle types in Northern Ireland.
- CT/ Retention Pack: To transfer or retain a vehicle registration number.
- Used vehicle import pack: to register a used imported vehicle for use in the United Kingdom
- New vehicle import pack: to register a new imported vehicle for use in the United Kingdom
For more information on the DVLA application forms, click on the link: https://www.gov.uk/dvlaforms
For queries regarding DVLA forms, you can ask the customer representative by calling DVLA contact number.
How can I change the address on my driving licence?
You can change the address on your driving licence for free. You have to apply using your Government gateway ID. You have to also update your V5C vehicle registration certificate if your vehicle will be kept at your new address.
Before you apply for the change in address, the following conditions have to be met:
- You will have to provide the addresses of where you have lived for the past 3 years.
- You should have a valid UK passport.
- Have your National Insurance number.
- Not been disqualified from driving.
- You should be a resident of Great Britain.
- You should have your driving licence.
If you are facing issues while changing the address on your driving licence, contact DVLA customer service department.
How can I change my name and address on my “V5C” vehicle registration certificate?
To change your name and address, you have to update your V5C registration certificate. You can do this by clicking on the link: update your V5C vehicle registration certificate . You do not have to tick the “new keeper” box when you send the “V5C” certificate. Fill the following information on your form:
- Enter your new name or new address in “section 6” of your “V5C” form.
- “Sign” and “date” the declaration in “section 8” of your “V5C” form.
Send the “V5C” form at:
TIP: You’ll get the updated “V5C” certificate for free within 4 weeks.
Call DVLA UK contact number to know more about “V5C” registration certificate.
What to do if I have lost my “V5C” vehicle registration certificate and want to change the address?
If your “V5C” form is lost and want to update your address, you can use the “V62” form to update the details. You can fill the form by clicking on the link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-a-vehicle-registration-certificate. It will cost around £25 and may take 2 to 4 weeks for the update to take place.
To get response of your query, you can contact DVLA customer support team.
How to tax my vehicle if it needs taxing within the next four weeks?
You can tax your vehicle online. To tax your vehicle online click on the link https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax . You can also take your “V5C” certificate to the post office and send it to DVLA. You may also require a “MOT” test certificate.
For any further query, you can contact DVLA UK customer support team.
What do I need at the time of renewing my driving licence?
To renew your driving licence online, you will need:
- Your valid UK passport.
- Your National Insurance number.
- Addresses where you lived in the past 3 years.
- Pay £14 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card.
- Current Driving licence
Your new driving licence will be delivered within a week.
For queries regarding your driving licence, feel free to contact DVLA customer representative by calling DVLA UK phone number.
What information do I have to provide to DVLA if my vehicle is damaged?
You will have to provide the following information to DVLA in case of vehicle damage, written off and then scrapped by your insurance company:
- Your vehicle insurance company’s name and postcode.
- Your vehicle registration number.
- The “reference number” from the your latest “V5C/3” registration certificate.
For more assistance call DVLA UK phone number to get in touch with an expert.