DLA Contact Number – Disability Living Allowance
What Is DLA (Disability Living Allowance) Contact Number?
Now consult your advisor regarding the claim you have made for DLA by calling on DLA contact number: 0345 605 6055. Timings to call this number are from 8 am to 6pm (Monday to Friday). Calling DLA contact number from UK landline phones will be charged up to 12p/minute. If you are calling from mobile phones, then it will be charged between 3 and 45 p/minute. Both of these numbers will connect you directly with the DLA customer service advisors. To know about the eligibility criteria, to make a claim, different DLA rates of children, call on DLA contact number mentioned above. If you find one number busy, just dial the second DLA contact number.
All the UK queries related to Disability Living Allowance are handled by these two numbers. So in order to get your problems solved quickly, make sure you have all the related information or details with you. The above number can be contacted by the people who were born before 8 April 1948. People who were born after 8 April 1948, can contact the advisors on DLA contact number: 0345 712 3456. Timings to call this number are from 8 am to 6pm on weekdays.
Disability Living Allowance
DLA is a tax benefit free service for the disabled people who are unable to take care of themselves and needs assistance with mobility or care costs. DLA can only be claimed by people who are below 16 years of age. People who are not eligible for DLA can apply for Personal Independence Payment. To know more about DLA services one can contact DLA advisors. For that one needs to call on DLA contact number: 0345 605 6055/0345 712 3456.
DLA For Adults
The eligibility criteria for applying for DLA especially for adults are mentioned below:
- If you have difficulties while walking:
- Can only walk for a short distance.
- You become sick when you walk.
- If you require assistance to look after yourself:
- If you are unable to do daily work such as using toilets, dressing, eating etc.
- If you are unable to prepare food for yourself.
ALSO TRENDING RIGHT NOW: DVLA Contact Number
DLA For Children
Children who are aged below 16 and are having difficulties while walking or need extra supervision than other kids come under this type of DLA. The eligibility criteria to qualify for DLA are mentioned below:
- Children who are under 16 years of age.
- They should be residing in Britain for two of the last three years.
- They must be habitually resident in UK, Ireland or the Channel Islands.
To claim DLA for children, one can call on DLA contact number: 0345 712 3456. The helpline are open from 8 am to 6 pm (Monday to Friday).
DLA Care Component Rates For Both Adults & Children
Check out the care component rates provided by DLA below:
- Lowest Care Component: It is the case when someone needs help while cooking meals. For that the rate is £21.80/week.
- Middle Care Component: In this case, the person needs continuous supervision both during the day as well as night. The rates for middle care component is £55.10/week.
- Highest Care Component: If you are terminally sick and you require supervision both day and night. The rates are £82.30/week.
DLA Mobility Component Rates For Both Adults & Children
There are two types of mobility component rates for both adults as well as children:
- Lower Mobility Component: People who needs guidance or supervision outdoors comes under this component. The rates are £21.80/week.
- Higher Mobility Component: In this the person has difficulty while walking and having severe illness. The rates are £57.45/week.
Why To Call DLA
Whether it is to make a claim or want to know about the services offered by DLA. In any of these cases, it is best to use phone helpline to contact DLA advisors.
- DLA in coming years is going to be replaced by Personal Independence Payments. If you want to know about the changes that will take place at the time of payments, you can contact DLA.
- If you are entitled for ESA, you can call on DLA contact number to know about the extra support that you can get from the organization.
- If you are a caretaker of someone and by reading the eligibility criteria, you believe that he/she qualifies for DLA. Then just give a call on DLA contact number mentioned above.
- DLA benefits are given to the person who is unable to do daily activities or need supervision irrespective of their financial background such as bank balance etc. If you find yourself in one of these cases, then you are eligible for DLA. For that you need to give a call on DLA contact number.
- Plus many more.
To review the level of help you need, you will get a letter from DLA to attend the assessment test conducted by it. The letters will contain all the details regarding the venue and other important information. If you do not visit the venue for your assessment then all your benefits will come to an end.
At the time of your assessment, you have to bring your password and any three of the following identification proofs with you:
- Your bank statements.
- Your driving licence.
- Your birth certificate.
- Your life assurance policy.
In order to claim your DLA, you need to speak to the DLA advisor. For that check out the following phone numbers that are mentioned below:
- People who were born on or before 8 April 1948 can call use the DLA contact number at the timings mentioned below:
Timings: Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
- People who were born after 8 April 1948, can ring on the DLA contact number mentioned below:
Timings: Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
We are also sharing some frequently asked questions with their solutions. If there is any other question in your mind, then you can simply ask the advisor by calling on DLA contact number: 0345 605 6055/0345 712 3456.
What to do if my circumstances change? Will that affect my DLA?
In that case, you need to contact the DLA advisor as soon as possible. As it might affect the level of DLA you are getting. Use the DLA contact number: 0345 605 6055/0345 712 3456 for contacting the advisor. Check out the following circumstances:
- If there is sudden change in your conditions.
- If you have been to hospital for more than 3 weeks.
- If you have gone to abroad for more than thirteen weeks.
- If you are held in detention.
Also call on the DLA contact number at the following timings:
- If your personal details such as name, address has been changed.
- In order to stop your benefits.
How do children are paid by DLA?
Usually, DLA is paid after every four weeks. All the benefits and allowances are paid into an account . The account can be a bank account.
To learn more about how children are get paid by the organization, simply call the organization executive on DLA contact number:0345 712 3456.
How can I get extra support such as tax credits with DLA?
In order to get extra benefits or tax credits with your DLA, you need to speak to the organization executive for that. To speak to him, drop a call on DLA contact number: 0345 605 6055/0345 712 3456. Timings to call this number are mentioned below:
Monday to Friday: 8 am to 6 pm.
What type of Id proofs are required at the time of DLA assessments?
If you are going for your DLA assessments, you need to bring your passport with you and also any of the three id proof documents with you:
- Driving Licence.
- Recent bank statements.
- Birth certificate.
- Life assurance policy.
Contact DLA advisor if you are unable to submit any of the id proofs during the time of your assessment. To contact the advisor, simply dial the DLA contact number: 0345 605 6055/0345 712 3456 on your phone.
What are other eligibility criteria for DLA?
The other eligibility criteria for DLA are mentioned below:
- The person is without feet or legs.
- If the person is declared at least 80% deaf and 100% blind.
- The person needs someone to assist when he/she is outdoors.
- The person is mentally sick with certain psychological problems. These people gets highest level of DLA.
- The person wants someone’s help while walking outdoors.
What is the eligibility criteria for Middle rate DLA?
The criteria to qualify for Middle rate DLA are mentioned below:
- If someone needs frequent supervision from another person throughout the day.
- When someone requires repeated attention during the time of night.
- If a person needs supervision throughout the whole day in order to stay away from any danger to themselves or other people.
- If the person requires other person to be awake for a longer time and assist him at the frequent intervals during night time.
If you want to know about the eligibility criteria for Middle rate DLA, then contact the advisor as soon as possible. For that you need to drop a call on DLA contact number: 0345 605 6055/0345 712 3456.
Want to contact DLA customer support team? Facing any issues while applying for DLA? You can get in touch with Disability Living Allowance customer support team, we have shared the helpline number below. After calling the helpline number, kindly rate the number below.
What is disability living allowance?
How to apply for DLA Personal Independence payment?
You will receive a letter inviting you to apply for PIP. It should be applied within 28 days from the date on the letter.
Your Disability Living Allowance will end either:
- when you decide not to apply
- at least 28 days after DWP make a decision about your PIP claim
What is the eligibility criteria for children to qualify for DLA?
The eligibility criteria to qualify for Disability Living Allowance must be as follows:
- The child must be under 16 years of age.
- The child has walking difficulties and needs extra care.
- The child has not been subject to immigration control
What is the eligibility criteria for adults to qualify for DLA?
The eligibility criteria for adults to qualify for Disability Living Allowance are mentioned below:
- A person has difficulty while walking.
- Person needs help while dressing, washing, using the toilet or has difficulty while communicating to someone else.
- The person without legs.
- If the person is blind and is also 80% deaf.
- Mentally impaired
How to Contact DLA customer support team?
To contact the Disability Living Allowance customer support team, refer to the following detail:
Born on or before 8 April 1948:
Timings: Weekdays- 8am to 6pm
Born after 8 April 1948
Timings: Weekdays- 8am to 6pm
What are Disability Living Allowance rates?
The Disability Living Allowance rates are mentioned below:
- For Lower rate:
Care Component: £21.80 a week
Mobility component: £21.80 a week
- For Middle rate:
Care Component: £55.10 a week
- For Higher rate:
Care Component: £82.30 a week
Mobility component: £57.45 a week