Carers Allowance Contact Phone Number
Carers Allowance Contact Number: 0345 608 4321
Carers allowance is for people who take care of someone for at least 35 hours/week. For this you do not have to be related or live with that person. If you are one of those people who takes care of others who are disabled, then you can opt for Carers allowance. All your general queries can be solved by calling on Carers Allowance contact number: 0345 608 4321. This number will connect you straight to the Carers Allowance team who will guide you with the procedure to apply for this service, to make a claim and also tell you about the eligibility criteria required for using this services.
The opening times to contact Carers Allowance team are from 8:30 am to 5 pm (Monday to Thursday) and from 8:30 am to 4: 30 pm (Friday). If you or any of your family member is supporting other people in their illness, then they can opt for this allowance. For that they need to just drop a call on Carers Allowance contact number mentioned above. The call costs will be around 12p/minute when calling from landline phones. If you are using the mobile phone to call on Carers Allowance contact number, then the charges will be from 3p to 45p/minute.
What Is Carers Allowance?
Carers Allowance is a scheme in which people earn some money by helping people who are disabled or those who are unable to do daily activities. For this the person has to work at least thirty five hours per week. The amount the caretaker can get is £62.10/week. The person will not be paid extra if he/she is taking care of more than one person. With Carers allowance one can choose to be paid:
- Every thirteen weeks.
- Weekly in advance.
- Or every four weeks.
The amount will be paid into your bank account. To learn more about Carers Allowance, you can speak to the advisor over the phone. For that you need to call on Carers Allowance contact number: 0345 608 4321.
ALSO TRENDING RIGHT NOW: Contact DVLA Personalised Registrations
Eligibility Criteria For Getting Carers Allowance:
- Your age is 16 or above.
- You give thirty five hours of your time every week to care someone.
- You are living in England, Wales or Scotland for at least 2 of the last three years.
- If you live in abroad as a member of the armed forces.
- You live normally in England, Wales or Scotland.
- You should not be studying for 21 hours or more per week.
- If you earn no more than £110/week.
- You are not pursuing full time education.
Eligibility Criteria For The Person You Are Caring
The person you are caring must get any of the following benefits:
- Disability Living Allowance: If the person is getting a middle or highest DLA care rate.
- Armed Forces Independence Payment.
- Constant Attendance Allowance: In this case the person must get the basic rate along with a War Disablement Pension.
- Personal Independence Payment.
- Attendance Allowance.
Contact Carers Allowance
Want to contact the Carers Allowance advisor? Want to know about the Carers Allowance contact number? Then we have solutions to all of your questions. We will be sharing the most easy and effective way to contact the Carers Allowance advisors. As claimed by the people of UK, they said the most easy way to reach out to Carers Allowance advisor is over the phone. On their advice and their experiences we are also sharing with you the best way to contact the Carers Allowance team. For that you have to simply drop a call on Carers Allowance contact number: 0345 608 4321.
Benefits of contacting Carers Allowance over phone:
- Easy and quickest way to get assistance.
- Hassle free experience.
- There is no involvement of third party executives.
- Number can easily be called from any part of the UK.
- Less waiting time.
- And many more.
Why Should You Contact Carers Allowance Department?
There are various reasons to contact Carers Allowance department. Some of them are mentioned below:
- In order to make your Carers Allowance claim.
- To know about payment methods.
- To get solution to your queries.
- To know about the payment details.
- To apply for Carers Allowance.
- In order to know the status about your pending payments.
- Plus many more.
For all the above questions, it is best advisable to contact Carers Allowance department via phone services. The Carers Allowance contact number is 0345 608 4321. You can call this number at the following timings:
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Friday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Other Ways To Contact Carers Allowance Advisors
There are also other ways to contact Carers Allowance advisors. These are mentioned below:
- Via Email.
- Via Post.
These two methods mentioned above has also proven to be one of the easy way to get your queries solved.
- Email: To contact Carers Allowance executive over email, simply email your query or concern at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Post: You can also use the postal method to get your problems solved. For that you have to write at the following address:
Carers Allowance Unit,
Mail Handling Site A,
Although the above two methods are proven as one of the easy way but not the quickest way to get assistance. To get swift assistance, one needs to use the phone service and that is to call on Carers Allowance contact number which is 0345 608 4321.
Apply For Your Carers Allowance Claim
Before making a claim, you will need the following things:
- You will require the date of birth as well as the address of the person for whom you are caring.
- Your National Insurance number.
- And your building or society details.
To apply for your claim, click on the link: https://www.carersallowance.service.gov.uk/allowance/benefits . You can also apply by post if you do not want to use the online method. The address to send the post will be mentioned in this link.
Checkout some of the questions below. The answers of these questions will be a great help to you. If you have some other questions in your mind, then you can simply take assistance by calling on Carers Allowance contact number: 0345 608 4321.
When will I get my Carers Allowance payment?
You will get your Carers Allowance payment directly into your bank or at your building society account. If you do not have any of these accounts, then you will still get the payment via Post Office card account.
Payments are made in the following ways:
- Every month.
- Advance every weekly.
- Or after every thirteen weeks.
If you have any enquiry about when your Carers Allowance payment will be made, you can call on Carers Allowance contact number: 0345 608 4321.
How will the Carers Allowance application impact my other benefits?
If you are getting other stated benefits such as ESA or JSA, then you might not be eligible for Carers Allowance. However you may receive a Carers premium that will added to your existing benefits.
If you want to more about the impact of Carers Allowance application on the other benefits then you need to consult the advisor. For that, you need to phone on Carers Allowance contact number: 0345 608 4321.
What time can I call on Carers Allowance contact number?
If you want to speak to the Carers Allowance advisor, then you can contact him/her at the following timings mentioned below:
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
The Carers Allowance department is closed on weekends as well as on bank holidays.
Where can I find the Carers Allowance claim form?
Basically, there are two forms that you can download from the links mentioned below. One form known as DS700 (SP) is only for those who are receiving the State Pension and other one is DS700. It is for those who are under the State Pension age. Click on the links mentioned below to download your Carers Allowance form:
- DS700(SP) – Carer’s Allowance claim form and notes for carers who receive State Pension .
- DS700 – Carer’s Allowance claim form and notes .
Unable to download your Carers Allowance claim form, then you need to take help from Carers Allowance advisor. For that you need to call on Carers Allowance contact number 0345 608 4321.
What other benefits am I entitled along with Carers Allowance?
You can claim some of the following benefits along with Carers Allowance:
- Pension Credit.
- Employment and Support Allowance.
- Housing Benefit.
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income support.
To learn more about other benefits along with Carers Allowance, simply ring on Carers Allowance contact number: 0345 608 4321.
What will be the impact on benefits of the person I am caring for when I claim my Carers Allowance?
Once you claim the Carers Allowance, then the person you will be caring for will stop getting the benefits mentioned below:
- The council tax will be reduced. Once can use the link: https://www.gov.uk/find-your-local-council to find out how it affects them.
- The person will not get the payment of “Severe Disability Premium”.
- They will also not get an extra amount for Severe Disability paid with Pension Credit.
If you have a question in your mind regarding the impact on benefits of the person you are caring, then speak to the Carers Allowance expert. For that you need to dial the Carers Allowance contact number on your phone.
Will I get Carers Allowance if I take a break?
Yes, you will still get the Carers Allowance of you take a rest for few days. The break is considered to be the time period in which you have served less than 35 hours per week to take care of the person. You can get Carers Allowance for upto a month if either you or the person go on holidays. And also upto 3 months if either you or the other person go into respite care or to hospital.
If you want to enquire related to the Carers Allowance that you will get during the break, then feel free to get in touch with an advisor on Carers Allowance contact number: 0345 608 4321.
Want to Contact DWP Carer’s Allowance Gov.uk Unit? Here are some common queries which Carer’s Allowance customers frequently like to ask of customer support team. If you happen to phone their customer support team, don’t forget to rate the Carer’s Allowance Contact Number below.
What is the eligibility criteria for getting Carer allowance?
The eligibility criteria for getting Carer’s allowance are mentioned below:
- Your age must be 16 or above.
- You should be able to spend 35 hours a week caring for someone.
- You should not pursue full time education.
- Your income should not be more than £110 a week
How much will I be paid if I care for someone?
You will be paid around £62.10 a week if you care for someone for at least 35 hours a week. You shouldn’t have to be related to or live with the person you care for.
Tip: You will not be paid extra if you care for more than one person.
How will I receive my payment?
You can receive the payment in any of the following options:
- You can receive the payment weekly in advance
- every 4 weeks
- every 13 weeks
How to make a claim?
When applying for the claim make sure you have the following information:
- Your National Insurance number
- Date of birth and address of the person you’re caring for
- Your bank details.
- Your building/society details
You may have to provide course details if you are studying and your employment details.
Carers Allowance Customer Service Number
How to contact Carer allowance customer services?
You can contact Carer allowance customer services by calling on the following number: